Our Commitment to You
Verity Blue Studio is committed to operating ethically, and we strive to do our part to help protect the environment and support sustainable small business.
We Support Small Local Business
We are proud to support small local companies and home based businesses. Although the cost is sometimes higher, all of our fabrics and supplies, including notions and packaging are purchased through Canadian suppliers. Most are located in Ontario so that shipping is closer to home.
Verity Blue Studio is mindfully sourcing Canadian manufacturers for everything we are able. We intentionally choose small and local, over large international companies and massive online retailers. Even our packaging, elastic Bungee cord and nylon Paracord are all manufactured in Canada.
We Care About The Environment
The main reason we chose to create reusable face coverings was to avoid adding to our garbage woes. First of all, the design of our 3D Cotton Face Covering allows us to create with extremely little fabric waste. Secondly, we use 100% cotton and silk as it it biodegradable and well suited to face covering use. We avoid using polyester and other manmade fibres in the studio, because they are made from petroleum based plastics. See more about why we use cotton and silk here. Lastly, we use as many natural and recyclable materials as possible, including in our packaging. By wearing reusable masks, you are also serving our environment. Thank you.
Your Heath & Safety is Important to Us
We are currently only allowing members of our own household into the studio, where we are creating our face coverings. If anyone is displaying any symptoms of COVID19 listed on the Government of Canada website, or any other virus or infection, they do not enter this space or assist in production at all. If symptoms persist, we are getting COVID tests, and not resuming work until negative test results come back.
Our Supplier List
- Funky Monkey Fabrics (Watford, ON)
- A Material Girl (Milton, ON)
- Quilted Memories (Etobicoke, ON)
- The Quilt Store (Newmarket, ON)
- Mad About Patchwork (Stittsville, ON)
- Fabric Design Treasures (Montreal, Que)
- G&S Dye and Accessories Inc. (Toronto, ON)
- Club Tissus (Quebec)
- Dinkydoo Fabrics (Vancouver, BC)
- Trapunto (Edmonton, AB)
- Fabric Fabric (Toronto, ON)
- Fabric Spark (Toronto, ON)
- Canada Paracord (Ontario)
- The Rope Shop (Hamilton, ON)
- Mountain Equipment Co-op
- Leather & Sewing Supply Depot (Toronto, ON)
- JT’s Outdoor Fabrics (Barrie, ON)
- ByTowne Threads (Stittsville, ON)
Art & Framing Supplies
- Curry’s Art Supplies (Barrie, ON)
- The Shadowbox (Orillia, ON)
- Village Gallery & Frameshop (Hawkestone, ON)
- Upper Canada Stretchers (Owen Sound, ON)
- Wolfpack Packaging Inc. (manufactured in Newmarket, ON)
- Bag Outlet (Pickering, ON)
- Sticker Canada (Mississauga, ON)
- GetStamps (Markham, ON)
- Canadian Tire (Orillia, ON)
- WHC – Web Hosting Canada (Montreal, Quebec)
Canadian Designers We Support
- Libs Elliott (Toronto, Ontario)
- Tamara Kate (Montreal, Quebec)
- Lysa Flower (British Columbia)
- Emily Taylor (Toronto, Ontario)
- Janine Vangool (Calgary, Alberta)
Other Suppliers We Use & Why
- Northcott™Inc is one of our main fabric distributor/converters. Northcott was founded in Canada, and has their head offices in Vaughn, ON.
- Our lining fabric is Robert Kaufman signature Kona® Cotton Solids. Kona is Oeko-tex certified, which means that no harmful chemicals were used in the production, or processing.
- We use Aurafil thread, a high quality 100% cotton manufactured in Milan Italy from Egyptian cotton threads. We chose Aurafil in part because they have partnered with Canadian social enterprise Plastic Bank, which aims to clean up plastic waste from our oceans while providing employment opportunities for people living in poverty. Aurafil is also super soft and never irritating on your skin.