3D Cotton Face Covering Use & Care
Putting Your Face Covering On
- Wash your hands with soap and water (or hand sanitizer) for at least 20 seconds.
- Place on your face with the exterior side facing out. Try to use the ties and avoid touching the the mask.
- If your face covering has a tie, place the head loop above your ears, and pull ties to tighten.
- Fasten the lower ties behind your head (at your neck) with a slip knot or bow. Kids masks have a safety cord lock. Adjust as needed to get a good fit. Don’t trim the ends of the Bungee elastic until after the first wash.
- Make sure the mask covers your nose and mouth and the bottom edge is under your chin. Our 3D Cotton Face Coverings should fit comfortably with no gaps.
- Wash your hands.
- Avoid touching even when your face covering is in place. Adjustments should be made using the ties or cord.
- Every time you do touch your face covering for any reason, wash your hands before and after.
Removing Your Face Covering
- Wash your hands before removing the face covering.
- If possible, avoid touching the fabric. Assume it is contaminated.
- Untie or remove the head or ear loops and remove the face covering by the straps.
- Place in a bag or breathable container.
- Wash your hands.
Care & Cleaning
- Place used face covering in a pillowcase or laundry bag.
- Wash silk filter face coverings by hand or in laundry bag in machine on gentle cycle. Air dry. Hand washing is best. See salad spinner face covering demo below.
- Machine or hand wash 100% cotton face coverings with warm water and dry on medium heat, or air dry for 2 days (or outdoors in sunlight 1 day). Machine dried masks look best after a quick press. Face coverings will retain their shape much better with hand washing. (See salad spinner hack below)
- Hang to dry.
- Please be careful not to overheat your nose-wires while pressing. They are nylon coated and will melt.
We do recommend washing your 3D Cotton Face Covering by hand. This extends the life of your face covering, and ensures that it will always be ready to go the next day. It really is best if you hang your face covering to dry, whether you machine or hand wash.
Wash at least once before you trim your elastic Bungee cord. The cord may shrink slightly.
Demo on Changing the Ties
Recently we discovered a salad spinner hack which is super convenient for hand washing face masks (and other small items). See Sara Monserat Teixido’s quick instructional YouTube video here.
See ‘Why Cotton’ materials & research page:
See tips on eyeglasses & condensation prevention here:
Eyeglasses & Masks
Help finding your size here:
Find Your Size
Download a PDF file of Use & Care Guide here:
Use & Care PDF